Love Your Heart and Keep it Healthy
October 24, 2012 by
Heart Disease, Nutritional Supplements
On my last blog I featured a video on how common heart disease is in women. So what are some simple things that you can do to “love” your heart?
- Look after your teeth. This might sound strange but the reality is that poor dental care is associated with an increased risk of heart disease.
- Stay active. A healthy exercise plan can go a long ways to reducing heart disease.
- Don’t smoke and if you do, make quitting your top priority.
- Increase your intake of fruits and veggies. This reduces your risk of a myriad of diseases.
- Eat raw nuts (in moderation). The healthy fats in nuts helps to lower your risk of heart disease. Avoid nuts that are heavily coated in oil and salt.
- Get plenty of fiber.
- Take a high quality nutritional supplement. Magnesium, Vitamin C, folic acid, Vitamins B6 and B12 have all been shown to reduce heart disease.
- Consider taking a Resveratrol and/or grape seed extract supplement. Both of these are key ingredients found in red wine and shown to improve heart health.
- Take a fish oil supplement. Omega-3’s are essential for healthy heart function. Make sure to choose a source that is purified and guaranteed to be free of heavy metal contaminants.
Check out my recent blog on how to choose a nutritional supplement. For more information, feel free to send me an email.
Stay tuned for an upcoming series on the 10 essential ingredients to effective and healthy weight loss.
If you enjoyed this article please consider sharing it!