Love Your Heart and Keep it Healthy
October 24, 2012 by
Heart Disease, Nutritional Supplements
On my last blog I featured a video on how common heart disease is in women. So what are some simple things that you can do to “love” your heart?
- Look after your teeth. This might sound strange but the reality is that poor dental care is associated with an increased risk of heart disease.
- Stay active. A healthy exercise plan can go a long ways to reducing heart disease.
- Don’t smoke and if you do, make quitting your top priority.
- Increase your intake of fruits and veggies. This reduces your risk of a myriad of diseases.
- Eat raw nuts (in moderation). The healthy fats in nuts helps to lower your risk of heart disease. Avoid nuts that are heavily coated in oil and salt.
- Get plenty of fiber.
- Take a high quality nutritional supplement. Magnesium, Vitamin C, folic acid, Vitamins B6 and B12 have all been shown to reduce heart disease.
- Consider taking a Resveratrol and/or grape seed extract supplement. Both of these are key ingredients found in red wine and shown to improve heart health.
- Take a fish oil supplement. Omega-3’s are essential for healthy heart function. Make sure to choose a source that is purified and guaranteed to be free of heavy metal contaminants.
Check out my recent blog on how to choose a nutritional supplement. For more information, feel free to send me an email.
Stay tuned for an upcoming series on the 10 essential ingredients to effective and healthy weight loss.