7 Healthy Post-Conference Tips
July 7, 2012 by
Boost Your Immune System, Healthy Foods Choices, Travel Tips
Traveling for business trips or to conferences can really take a toll on your body. It’s not uncommon to get sick with a cold or flu after extensive traveling. Here are some 7 tips to help you stay healthy and recover post-conference.
- Get your sleep. The combination of travel, busy schedules and a bed different than your own, often contributes to lost hours of sleep. For the first few days after a business trip or conference, make sure to get at least 8 hours of sleep and possibly more every night.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Flights, air-conditioned hotels and days full of meetings all conspire to leave you dehydrated. Make sure to drink lots of water, especially in the first 24 hours after returning home.
- Take your vitamins. Your immune system can be compromised from lack of sleep, poor meals and stress. It is not uncommon to come home from travelling and get sick with a cold or flu.
- Make sure to get fresh air and exercise. Both of these not only improve your immune system, they can help combat the post-conference “blues” and improve your sense of well-being.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Take a fiber supplement if necessary. Travel can play havoc on your digestive tract. Make sure to feed it lots of fiber (along with water) when you return.
- Limit the breads, potatoes, rice and sweets in your diet and make sure to include healthy proteins and fats. This will help both your digestive and immune systems recover from the traveling.
- Take time to pamper yourself. Take a long bath, read a book, listen to music… Rejuvenate your soul and your body. You deserve it!