14 Healthy Fat Fighting Snacks
June 23, 2012 by
Effective Weight Loss, Health Tips, Healthy Foods Choices
Life often slows down in the summertime. The weather warms up and we find time to relax. It’s easy to get into a snacking mood. Here’s 14 healthy fat-fighting snacks for the next time you have the “munchies” and are looking for a treat:
- Piece of fruit and ½ cup of cottage cheese
- Smoked salmon on a cracker. (3 regular or 5 small crackers)
- 5 or 6 small, thin whole grain crackers (3 if average size) and cheese
- Same crackers with hummus on top (add a small piece of sun-dried tomato for flavor if desired)
- 14 almonds
- 1/3 cup edamame
- Baked apple with cinnamon and a scoop of plain yogurt (use small amount of stevia or agave for sweetener if necessary)
- Fruit smoothie (water, ice, frozen fruit and your favorite protein or meal replacement powder)
- Frozen banana pops. (Insert a popsicle stick into half a banana and coat with plain or lightly sweetened yogurt).
- 1/3 cup frozen mango or peach slices or grapes along with 6 – 8 almonds
- Carrot or celery sticks with hummus
- Apple slices with peanut butter.
- Yogurt with fresh fruit and sunflower seeds.
- Dozen pistachios with fruit. (Avoid overly salted nuts)
Have a great summer and enjoy some of these tasty treats!